Welcome to Word Power Bible College!
We are so excited that the Lord has directed you to attend WPBC. Whether you plan to go into full time ministry, or just want to deepen your current walk with the Lord, we know you will find what you are seeking.
This vision has been in our hearts since we attended school of ministry over seventeen years ago and through confirming prophecies spoken over us, we believe that this bible college is the manifestation of what we envisioned long ago. From this we want to equip you to go out and spread the Gospel, minister to the nations, and fulfill the call that God has on your life. Our desire is to prepare our students to reach as many people for the Kingdom as possible, to live their lives completely transformed by the Word of God and to lead others into that same freedom that they have experienced themselves.
Again, we welcome you to Word Power Bible College. We are honored to be a part of the plan and purpose God has for your life.
Student Orientation, Deadline for Enrollment, Applications & Deposits must be turned in
Beginning of 1st Quarter Classes
End of 1st Quarter
Beginning of 2nd Quarter Classes
December 18-Jan 1
Classes Resume from Christmas Break
End of 2nd Quarter
Beginning of 3rd Quarter Classes
End of 3rd Quarter
Beginning of 4th Quarter Classes
End of 4th Quarter (Last day of school)
We are so excited that you are responding to the call of God to reach out and impact the world around you for the Kingdom. We believe that through your time at Word Power Bible College, you will receive the training needed to equip you with practical ministry tools, life and spiritual development to make a difference in your world.
The Vision of Word Power Church/Word Power Bible College
Jesus said to go into all the world and preach the gospel, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. At Word Power Church/Bible College we believe that begins right here, with us. Our vision is to win them, deliver them, disciple them, and send them. In order to send them, we must first equip them with the tools needed to be effective in winning people to Jesus. Our goals represent souls and it is our desire to win as many souls as possible for the Kingdom of God.
We are a place of restoration. The Bible says in Galatians 6:1 “Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.” Word Power Church was founded on this scripture; that we would be a “Restoration Center” that would restore individual lives to the household of faith. We are also a church without walls and believe that God will show us new and creative ways to reach those who are lost and hurting.
We are a place of deliverance from past and present hurts because we believe that through the saving and healing power of Jesus shed blood on the cross, and by the power of the written Word of God, we can all be loosed from any and all bondage. We are a place of love and believe in what Jesus told us in the great commandment in Matthew 22:39, to “love your neighbor as yourself.” We love people because people are not our problem, they are our purpose and true love never fails.
What We Believe…
- The Bible is the infallible Word of God, written by man, under the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Spirit. We believe that it is our final authority in all matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:20-22)
- We believe in one God, who is the creator of all things. He exists in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is eternal and completely holy. (1 John 5:7, Deut. 6:4, Matthew 28:19, John 15:26, 2 Cor. 13:14)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God. We believe in His virgin birth, that He led a sinless life on earth, performing miracles, signs and wonders that others might believe in Him as the Messiah. We believe that he was crucified, died and buried and rose again on the third day for the remission of sin for all mankind. We believe that He is now seated at the Father’s right hand, to make intercession for man, and we believe that He will return again one day, just as He promised. (Luke 1:26-33, John 1:14-18, Isaiah 7:14, 9:6-7, Acts 1:9-11, 1 Thess. 4:16-17, John 19 & 20, Romans 8:34)
- We believe that God does not desire for anyone to perish, but desires that all would be saved through the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. We believe that in order to receive the salvation of Jesus, one must confess their sins, repent of those sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that it is by grace we are saved, through faith, not by works. We believe that those who accept Jesus as their Savior will spend eternity in heaven and those who do not will spend eternity in hell. (Romans 10:9-10, John 14:6, Romans 5:8-15, Ephesians 2:8, John 3:16, 1 Peter 1:18-19, 1 John 1:9, Mark 9:43-48)
- We believe in water baptism by immersion for believers, as taught and demonstrated by Jesus. Water baptism is a way for believers to identify with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-19, Acts 8:36-37, Romans 6:4)
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues. We believe that this is a promised gift of God and is available to all believers after they receive salvation. (Acts 2:1-4, Acts 8:14-17, Acts 10:44-46, Matthew 3:11, Acts 11:15-16, John 14:16-17, Acts 19:6)
- We believe that supernatural healing is for today through the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. We believe that healing includes physical, emotional, mental and spiritual restoration. (Mark 16:17-18, James 5:14-16, Matthew 9:35, John 14:12-14, Isaiah 53:4-5, 1 Peter 2:24)
- We believe that the one true “Church” is the Body of Christ and is made up of all born-again believers. We believe that just as the body is made up of many parts, the “Church” is made up of many local bodies (churches) of believers. (Matthew 28:19, Ephesians 5:25-27, 1 Corinthians 12:12-14)
All students must fill out an application and turn it in along with a current photo, two references, and a signed Standards of Conduct form. Once your application has been submitted for review to the Admissions Committee and approved, you will receive an acceptance letter. Word Power Bible College accepts students of any race, color, gender or national or ethnic origin and does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies. Word Power Bible College is a non-denominational school and accepts students from all denominations.
Application and Registration – Deadline for registration is August 21, 2017
- Complete and turn in Application Form
- Include Current Photo
- Pay non-refundable $25.00 application fee plus $250.00 deposit
- Read and sign Standards of Conduct form and turn in with application
Applications may be turned in personally, mailed or emailed to:
Word Power Church
Attn: Bible College Director
1100 Gulf Freeway, Suite 260
League City, TX 77573
- Must be willing to obligate themselves whole-heartedly to the time commitment, financial commitment, and personal commitment of attending Word Power Bible College.
- Must be willing to live in accordance with Word Power Bible College’s Standards of Conduct.
- Be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent in order to receive credit towards an Associate Degree.
Non Refundable Application Fee
Tuition per school year
Deposit (applies to total tuition amount – due August 21): $250.00
Tuition due at first of each month (October-May): TBD
Includes administrative expenses
Cost of optional mission trips, outreaches
and miscellaneous expenses (to be paid by student)
*Students are responsible for their own text books.
Individual classes can be taken for $100.00 per class.
Method of Payment
All payments and fees should be made out to Word Power Church by cash, check, credit card or money order. We are unable to accept post-dated checks. Students are permitted to make early payments.
Students wishing to make payments via payment plan must talk to the financial administrator to get payment plan options. All monthly tuition payments are due on the first day of the month. Payments are considered late on the 15th of the month and will be assessed a late fee of $25.00. Students who are unable to make their tuition payments may be asked to forfeit their position as a student. Tuition cannot be carried over from one school year to the next.
Students will be charged $25.00 for a returned check.
In the event a student withdraws from school within the first week of the first quarter of each school year and has previously paid in full for the entire year, they may receive a refund up to 75% at the discretion of the school administration. Any student withdrawing during any quarter thereafter will forfeit all monies paid thus far. All other payments are non-refundable.
We believe part of your ministry training experience is to trust God for your tuition. The confidence you put into God’s financial provision for school will translate to future ministry endeavors later on, therefore we are unable to offer scholarships.
- Save up now for your school expenses. Cut back on non-necessary items or work an extra job to help with your tuition.
- Send out support letters to family and friends
- Sow a seed in faith that God will provide for your expenses.
A Bible and notebook are required for each class. The King James Version of the Bible will be the standard translation unless otherwise noted by the instructor. Textbook prices are not included in the fee. All courses will use the Bible as the main text.
Word Power Bible College wants our school to be affordable to everyone, so we offer the lowest possible fee to our students. Students are encouraged to sow additional funds into the school as offerings and to bless special guest speakers.
In the Classroom
A Bible will be required for all classes, as well as something to write with and take notes on such as a spiral notebook, 3-ring binder or laptop. A 3-ring binder is recommended to put notes in when teachers give handouts. (Laptops are only to be used for note taking during class times. Playing games or other distracting activity with a lap top or other mobile device is not permitted.)
Food and Beverage
Beverages are allowed as long as they are covered with a lid. Please do not bring food into the sanctuary. Snacks should be eaten between classes.
There is a ten-minute break between each class. Phone calls, restroom breaks, snacks, texting, or anything else that would take a student out of class or be a distraction from class should be taken care of at that time.
Each class will have a mid-term and final exam. Other assignments from the instructor may be included for each class. These assessments will verify that the student has understood the teaching from that class and has enough knowledge of the topic to apply it to everyday life. The student will receive a numerical grade for each class which will determine whether or not the student will pass the class. Anything below a 70% is considered a failing grade and will result in the student having to retake the class or do additional work to make up the grade.
WPBC grades according to the following scale:
A = 90-100 Excellent
B = 80-89 Good
C = 70-79 Average
F = 0-69 Failing
Cheating or plagiarism will not be tolerated at Word Power Bible College. Each student is expected to do their own work on every assignment, unless otherwise noted by the instructor. If a student is caught cheating or plagiarizing, disciplinary action will be taken resulting in dismissal to include revoking of scholarships.
|Biblical Character||Leadership||Spirit, Soul and Body|
|Blood Covenant I, II||Lessons From David||The Believers Authority|
|Christian Heritage I, II||Ministry of Angels||The Book of Ephesians|
|Christian Philosophy||Ministry of Christ||The Book of Hebrews|
|Faith In Action||Ministry of Helps||The Book of Proverbs|
|Financial Stewardship I, II||Missions||The Book of Revelation I, II|
|Foundation of Faith||Old Testament Surveys I, II||The Book of Romans I, II|
|Godly Family||Praise & Worship||The Revelation of Righteousness|
|Healing I, II||Prayer I, II||The Holy Spirit & His Gifts I, II|
|Jewish Roots||Soul Winning|
Each class offered at Word Power Bible College is designed to give each student a strong foundation by deepening their knowledge, understanding and application of the Word for the work of the ministry. The above curriculum, along with participation in RESTORE Teams (service teams), are the equivalent of 60 credit hours which is the accumulated requirement to graduate with an Associate Degree in Biblical Studies.
Classes will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Each break between classes will be 10 minutes long.
Classes will consist of 50 minutes of lecture time each week with homework assignments for each class that should be completed before the next class.
Service Teams enable the school and the church to run efficiently. Students will be placed on teams and given areas of responsibility. Participation in service teams are required for all students and will count toward credit hours required for the Associate degree.
- Local Church Ministry – It is a requirement to serve in assigned areas of practical ministry at your local church at least 2 hours a week during the school year. Areas include but are not limited to the following ministries: Children, Youth, Greeters, Facilities, Media, Hospitality, Care Team, Prayer Team, Ushers and Security. *
- Conferences/Events – There will be a number of opportunities to serve at conferences or special events. Students are asked to help with at least three events per school year.
- Local Outreaches – Students will be required to be involved in one outreach per quarter.
*If you do not attend Word Power Church, you will need to show proof of involvement in your home church.
Students are required to attend, be involved in, and be committed to a local church. Being a vital part of a local church is important for all believers, especially ministers.
All students are required to sign-in for each class on the designated attendance sheet. Classes will begin promptly at the scheduled times. Students are expected to be seated and ready for class at the scheduled start time. Tardies are disruptive to the class and instructor, so every effort should be made by the student to be in class on time. (School doors will be locked promptly at 7:10p)
Attendance is critical for success in any given class. If a student must be absent, the Director should be contacted. If a student misses a class, it is the student’s responsibility to get any assignments from their teacher. If the student would like a copy of the CD for the missed class, they may order it from the Media Department for a fee of $5.00 per CD, per class. Students are encouraged not to miss any classes. The instructor has the liberty to deduct points from the student’s final grade for excessive absences.
Make up work
In the event a class is missed, the student has until the next class period to make-up or turn in any papers, exams or assignments. Points may be deducted by the instructor for late assignments or exams. Students are encouraged to get any notes from class-mates for work missed due to absences.
To show honor and respect for our Teachers, Pastors, Ministers, and Faculty, we ask that all students dress modestly and in good taste. No tennis shoes, flip-flops, shorts, transparent, low-cut blouses/dresses. Jeans may be worn but must be ironed and worn with a sports jackets.
Completion of Word Power Bible College
This is a two-year concentrated program studying the Word of God and the ministry of the Holy Ghost. This course of study requires the student to complete all classroom studies plus participate in outreaches and other practical areas of ministry training.
Requirements for an Associate Degree from Word Power Bible College:
Each student is encouraged to have no more than 2 absences per quarter.
Each student is required to regularly attend and be active in a local church.
Each student must have a high school diploma or equivalent to receive an Associate Degree.
All fees and tuition must be paid in full at time of graduation.
Requirements to graduate from Word Power Bible College
All of the above requirements must be met. After the successful completion of two years and fulfilling the requirements listed above, the student will receive an Associate Degree in Biblical Studies.
Word Power Bible College is accredited through Transworld Accrediting Commission International, 231 E. Alessandro Blvd., Suite A-210, Riverside, CA 92508 (951) 901-5586.
The faculty of Word Power Bible College consists of the pastors, staff and leaders of Word Power Church to include some of the finest visiting pastors and ministers in Galveston and Harris County. These ministers are full of wisdom and instruction, anointed by God to teach and impart for this end time harvest.
Standards of Conduct
Word Power Bible College (WPBC) is committed to helping you live a life of the highest caliber with regard to reputation, respect, honesty, and moral integrity. It is the call of ministry to live a life of character and holiness before men and most of all before God. Let the following statements serve as your consecration to the Lordship of Jesus Christ…
___ I commit to love the Lord with all my heart, my soul, and my mind.
___ I commit to lead with a life of prayer and worship.
___ I commit to consecrating myself to God’s will and serving others while attending WPBC. I understand that serving is the heart of ministry and therefore commit from my heart a life of service.
___ I commit to live a life of purity and integrity. I agree to abstain from nightclubs, strip clubs, bars and casinos. I understand WPBC’s policy of no alcohol for the duration of the school year. I will not be involved in any form of stealing, profane language, dishonesty, occult practices, and sexual sins (this includes but is not limited to: cohabitation with the opposite sex, premarital sex, adultery, pornography, and homosexuality) and any other behavior considered detrimental to Christian character and witness.
___ I commit to avoiding ungodly attitudes such as greed, jealousy, pride, bitterness, needless anger and discrimination. I commit to avoiding ungodly behavior such as gossip, divisiveness and complaining that could disrupt the unity and health of WPBC.
___ I commit to being on time for all classes, ministry sessions, and activities required by WPBC unless formally excused.
___ I commit to showing respect and consideration for other members of the student body and their property.
___ I commit to showing respect for staff and faculty and to cooperate with the aims and endeavors of WPBC.
___ I commit to abide by the rules and regulations of WPBC, which may from time to time be altered or changed by the leadership. I understand that WPBC reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any student if, in the judgment of Leadership, the conduct of the student is deemed to violate the school’s ideals of scholastic conduct or its spiritual or moral atmosphere.
The signing of this Standards of Conduct Commitment acknowledges that you have read, understand and agree to the above criteria and catalog for admittance into or withdrawal from Word Power Bible College for non-compliance.